Monday, September 24, 2012

*Navalgazing* Reflections at 28 (+2) Weeks Pregnant

I feel like at various points throughout this week I felt I had a lot to say, but now that I'm actually sitting down to write, not much is coming to mind. 

The little girl continues to wiggle around poking and kicking me.  Either her position has changed enough or she's getting strong enough that it sometimes hurts a bit.  I guess she's getting a little cramped in there.  (She punctuates my writing this with a kick!)  We can now quite clearly tell which way she is lying because her bum pokes out making my belly lopsided.  She also seems to react very strongly when I've eaten. 

Eating has become a slight issue.  No more nausea, but the heartburn is getting really bad, particularly in the evening.  Breads seem to be pretty bad, fruits and milk products not awful.  Often as soon as I look at something I know whether I'm going to react or not.  I have been consuming A LOT of Tums. 

I've been thinking about labour and birth some more.  After looking at various classes online, I think we've decided to hire the woman who led the birth classes we attended when Jen was pregnant with The Bean and ask her to tailor a private session towards strategies for partner-coached natural birthing.  I checked "Husband Coached Childbirth: The Bradley Method of Natural Childbirth" from the library and plan on starting to read it this week.  We also borrowed a copy of "The Birth Partner" to re-read. 

Final note: I think we're getting closer to coming up with a shortlist of names.  The same few seem to be popping up whenever we discuss names, so it at least feels like we're making some progress.  I'd like to narrow the list down to maybe five or so front runners so when she is born we're able to make a decision more quickly.  (Middle name is set as Jen's mother's name, just as The Bean has her father's name for his middle name.) 

Photo from 28 (+1) Weeks:

6 comments:

  1. ohh...so curious about the short list of names!

    im getting painful punches and kicks now too. isn't it wild?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is seriously a cute baby belly! We went through the Bradley method classes and they were great. I was sad that we did not get to actually use the knowledge and skills we learned...Even though Kris said that she saw "signs" of the method from me during the emergency c-section and the recovery following, so maybe it DID help in a way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the update. I'm looking forward to getting pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for natural birth! I hope things work out well with the teacher you choose. And your picture is adorable. Gotta love a pregnant belly :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear you on the heartburn. Today I couldn't even get much food down because of the pain. We thought we were close with names, but now, it all seems wrong.

    That's pretty cool that you can feel which parts of her little body are where. Very neat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww I miss the kicks and punches! Quinn used to stick her bum way out too :)

    I just commented on your comment re: nettle tea about a herb shop. If the heartburn is really bad, go to Thuna on the Danforth. He will make you a pregnancy-safe herbal tea that can help with the heartburn. It is way cheaper and far better than any tea you could get anywhere else.

    ReplyDelete