Friday, September 14, 2012

It's Only Rain...

 
I love the fall, and though I don't love it when it rains everyday, there is something especially cozy about an occassional rainy day in the fall.  It's the kind of day where you can make a nest on the couch and enjoy the sound of raindrops hitting the roof. 





And so what if some things got accidently left out on the clothesline.  They'll dry when the sun comes back out.


Hope everyone's weekend gets off to a good start. 

---
Post title from Dar Williams' Playing to the Firmament.  A perfect song for this kind of day.

6 comments:

  1. I used to love the occasional rainy day. It was a great excuse to curl up with a good book or movie (or an extra long nap!). With two rambunctious 15-month olds, rainy days now mean that we all go a bit stir-crazy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, a rainy day with The Bean at home is quite different than a rainy day solo!
      In fact, rainy days with The Bean is one of the reasons we have a membership to the Science Centre. (Free for the girls still, and a good "Kids Zone", in case you're interested.)

      Delete
    2. GREAT idea! I am definitely taking them! I've been thinking about what I can do to keep them busy on rainy days.

      Delete
  2. Love the pics! I want that scooter mug - adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The mug was a gift from my cousin who works at Starbucks. It's the perfect size for a cup of tea. :)

      Delete
  3. Love it. I wish I could create such a serene and cozy moment!

    ReplyDelete