Monday, September 3, 2012

*Navalgazing* Reflections at 25(+2) Weeks Pregnant

This has been a pretty good week overall.  Some round ligament pain and lots of indigestion in the evenings, but no big complaints otherwise. 

Sprout keeps wiggling around and Jen can feel her quite regularly now.  The Bean will point and say baby and kiss my tummy, but we're still not sure he really understands.  He hasn't felt movement yet (he won't sit still long enough to), but I'm curious as to how he will react when/if he does. 

The only other thing to mention is that I am considering updating my facebook page with the news.  Most of my close friends know, but I intentionally tried to keep it from my co-workers because I didn't want to jeopardize any chance I might have of getting an assistant position at my school this fall.  I still haven't heard anything, so I'm pretty confident that the assistant thing isn't going to happen.  I'm diasppointed, but also feel like the summer has (mostly) given me the distance I needed to resign myself to the fact that for all intents and purposes I am unemployed and will be for at least the next year.  I'm sure once Sprout is born it won't bother me as much as it does now.  Anyway, I'd like to share the news with these friends and don't see much of a reason to hold back anymore, but it does still feel like I'm finally conceeding that that chapter of my life is over.  Not the easiest thing to come to terms with. 

Here's the belly photo for the week, taken yesterday at 25(+1) weeks:

No comments:

Post a Comment