Thursday, September 15, 2011

Thankful Thursday

I'm sure there's a meme somewhere with that name already, because such an alliterative post title is sure to have been snapped up ages ago.

Anyway,  I thought I'd post a few links to things I have been thankful to have read this week.

diaper-eez gave a shout out to our cloth diapering series this week and we're stoked.  I enjoy reading Amanda's posts and think she does a bang-up job of making the company blog relevant and personal, not a giant ad for the store. If you live in Toronto, diaper-eez  is a great brick-and-mortar resource for cloth diapering.  They made me much less scared about cloth diapers when I was first learning the ins and outs.

1 In Vermillion made a post about products that they use and love.  Since Curly is older than The Bean this gives Allison and me a great resource as our guy grows.  There are some awesome looking things on there that I never even knew existed like these these Organic Pouches. Right now I'm most interested in the Green Sprouts Straw Cups because The Bean still won't take a bottle and we're not having much luck with sippy cups.

Even though Google doesn't have children, I still rely on it in times of parenting stress.  This week our little vampire decided to start biting while nursing (He drew blood!) and a quick Google search led me to pages with helpful tips on what to do about it.  For those keeping score at home, I'm trying to keep my finger very close to The Bean's mouth and as soon as I feel him open or start to bite I shove my finger in there.  Then he can either teethe on my finger or re-latch to nurse some more.  I feel bad, but I'm more reluctant to nurse now than I have been in months.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to help! And I love the adorable bath pictures previous to this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you're enjoying the Diaper-eez blog! Susan and the staff at the store are really interested in running a website that has all sorts of info about the store, but is also a little lighthearted and provides helpful resources and interesting discussions. I'm super happy to have the opportunity to blog for them and am having a great time spilling my guts!

    I am thankful that you and Jen are so willing to let me link up to your stellar blog. I really enjoy reading about your experiences with The Bean - some days, I see my own joys and challenges reflected in your writing so much so that I think that The Bean and Mikey might have been brothers in a past life. It's creepy (and really reassuring).

    ReplyDelete