Saturday, June 25, 2011

School's Out for Summer!

Yesterday was my first day of summer break! Hurray! We visited our friends Ashleigh and Jenn and their super-adorable little girls and then went to my cousin's graduation party. I am so happy that I'll be home with Jen and The Bean for the next NINE weeks! The Bean's at an age now where he's starting to interact a lot more and it will be amazing to be around to experience all of that. I'm sure the time will fly by.

We have quite a bit planned, but aren't too busy. We leave in a couple of days to go visit Jen's parents. Her brother, his wife and their two kids who all live in Mauritius will also be there. It's going to be a full house! I imagine we'll spend most of our time visiting with friends and family, hanging out in the backyard and splashing around in Jen's aunt's new pool. Sounds like the perfect start to summer! Maybe Jen and I will be able to go out on a date while Grandma and Grandpa watch The Bean. (That would be nice!) After our visit there we'll be home for a few weeks and then take The Bean on his first flight out to the east coast to visit my dad and his wife. It'll also be my and Jen's first time out to visit them. I'm a little more nervous about this trip --we'll have to put some thought into what we bring and what we'll do while we're there. If anyone has recommendations on flying with a baby and what to bring when traveling I'd love to hear them! After that trip we don't have any plans, although I've been thinking about things that would be fun to do.

Here's the list so far:
*swim at the saltwater pool near our house
*walk around the botanical gardens
*go to the zoo
*take photos
*see live music
*shop at farmer's markets
*pick berries
*bake
*get a massage
*do something with the empty wall space in The Bean's room
*play in parks
*splash in the lake
*visit different neighbourhoods
*ride my bike
*spend time with friends and family
*finish crocheting The Bean's blanket
*take a sewing class (my birthday present from Jen and The Bean!)
*read, read, read
*organize our storage space and closets

Jen says there is only one item on her list:
*sleep

LOL. That would be good too. Whatever we do I'm sure we'll have a great time and September will come much too quickly. Who wouldn't love spending the summer with this little guy:

1 comment:

  1. I completely empathize! I'm so excited to do all sorts of fun things with my family while I'm home over the summer. In fact, I think I might borrow some of the ideas from your list so thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete