Saturday, April 9, 2011

The Down Side

So, as I imagine is quite apparent to anyone reading this blog, I am absolutely smitten with our baby and love being a mom. There is a down side though: I feel like he is growing up so quickly and I wish I were able to spend more time with him. It was fantastic having the first two weeks after his birth off. I am also very glad that I had March Break to spend another two weeks with him and Jen. My next big break is over the summer, which feels a million years away. (This term is very busy, with SO much to do before the year is over.) I know we are fortunate to live in a country where Jen can take a full year maternity leave and that I have a career that provides so many breaks throughout the year. Still, I wish it were more.

I've really been noticing how responsive The Bean is to Jen these days. He responds to me too, but not in the same way. I have to admit, I'm a little jealous. This certainly isn't the only reason that I wish I could spend more time with him, but it contributes to the feeling that I'm not around as much as I would like to be.

Summer can't come soon enough.


Today we had rainstorms through the morning, so we spent some time lounging around the apartment. It was nice.

1 comment:

  1. That is hard. I am the bio-mom and working parent in our household, but I am so lucky to be able to work from home 2-3 days per week. Here's to summer, Mama!

    ReplyDelete