Sunday, March 27, 2011

March Break

Today is (sadly) the last day of March Break. That means after a wonderful two weeks off, I have to go back to work tomorrow. The good news is that there are only 13 more weeks until Summer Break! This last term is always very busy but goes by quickly.

Over the break took The Bean on his first road trip to visit family in PA. I posted a photo of the drive down as my "moment" a couple of weeks ago. He was awesome the whole way there. We put him in his car seat and got on the road just after his mid-morning feeding, and he slept pretty much the entire six hour drive there. Weather was good, traffic was light, the border crossing was easy... it really couldn't have been a better drive. We woke The Bean up once at a rest stop so that he could eat. We thought that was better than having him wake up hungry on the last stretch before getting to Jen's parents' house. Once we arrived at their place The Bean was grabbed by Jen's dad and that pretty much set the tone for the whole week.

The Bean with his Grandma.

With Grandpa.

Nan.

Pap.

Great Grandma.

So many people came to visit him and I think just about everyone one of them held him. I'm glad so many of our family and friends there got to meet him. They've been so supportive and loving and we were really happy to finally introduce The Bean to them. Even though Ollie dealt with the busy schedule and myriad of people extremely well, I do think it was a little much for him. As I think I've said before, he doesn't have a schedule, but we do have a bit of a routine, and that got thrown off. The result was that he was fussier than usual and his sleep schedule was, well, not a schedule at all. The next time we're back I expect that things won't be quite so busy.

Overtired.

I feel guilty that we can't go visit more often, but hopefully we'll be able to spend a good amount of time there over the summer. I can't imagine how much The Bean will have grown and changed by then!

2 comments:

  1. What wonderful pictures of Oliver with his extended family! Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a huge soft spot for Grandparents and just love all the picture of him being filled up with their love. What precious, sweet moments.

    ReplyDelete