We've knocked two items off our list! Last week we had a mid-week holiday for Canada Day (July 1st), so we decided to take the kids to the beach. There's a little beach in the city that I hadn't been to for years and thought might be a nice place to check out. Unfortunately there was quite a bit of litter, including broken glass, so it's probably not somewhere we'll be rushing back to, but still, I'm glad we visited. It was a cool day and the water quality at this beach is spotty, so we didn't bring our suits, but that didn't stop The Bean and Sprout from wading in.
Monday I took the kids out of the city to a nicer beach. It was also a warmer day, so better beach weather. And my mom joined us, which made the kiddos (well, all of us, really) quite happy.
We didn't collect rocks (see SBL #10) on either of our beach trip, so I guess we're either going to have to go back to one of the two we visited or check out a third! Good thing summer is far from being over.
UPDATED: The Two Moms to Be Summer Bucket List for 2015
1. Check out new parks and go back to old favourites.
3. Visit animals at the zoo.
5. Donate books to the book bank.
6. Smell flowers at botanical gardens.
7. Go to the Toronto Islands.
8. Make popsicles.
9. Meet up with local bloggers.
10. Paint rocks that we find at the beach.
11. Go to a fair.
12. Take a moms-only trip.
13. Eat things that we have grown and/or picked ourselves.