This spring went by in a whirlwind. Fortunately I finished (and passed!) the course I've been taking, celebrated my 36th birthday, and am now finally able to think about the next few months.
The Bean finishes school in less than one week and then we are pretty much wide open for two months. Well, sort of wide open; even though we really haven't made a ton of plans, the summer days seem to be filling up quickly.
I think it's time for a Summer Bucket List...
The Two Moms to Be Summer Bucket List for 2016
1. Have a picnic on the front lawn. Bonus points for having friends join us.
2. Paint rocks.
3. Pick berries.
4. Grow vegetables in our front yard garden.
5. Plan a blogger meet-up.
6. Get the finishing touches on the kids' room done.
7. Ride a roller coaster.
8. Brew sun tea using herbs we've grown.
9. Celebrate love.
10. Go to the Farmer's Market.
11. Meet up with friends. Often.
12. Collect shells at the beach.
13. Borrow books from the library.
14. Be tourists in our own city.
15. Camp in Grandma and Grandpa's backyard --don't forget the s'mores!
16. Listen to live music.
17. Take a family vacation.
18. Find some new splash pads to play at.
19. Go on at least two kid-free date nights with my wife.
20. Bake a peach pie.
21. Donate toys, books and clothes that we're no longer using.
22. Go to the zoo.
23. Ride our bikes --try to get the Bean riding a two-wheeler with no training wheels.
24. Visit a new-to-us skateboarding park.
Apparently I have a lot of ideas on how to fill those summer days! I think we'll be busy, but have a lot of fun.